Visit an East Coast Surfing Town.
Another cool surf town, this time on the east coast and at the base of the fantastic Coromandel Peninsula where the sands are white and the water blue.
The ride to Whangamata is second to none. Highway 25A over the Coromandel ranges is a road that curves beautifully from one side of the peninsula to the other. Turning right on to Highway 25 to head south to the town of Whangamata is pure motorcycle magic.
The ride home can either be via the same way or 26km longer to take a loop through the towns of Waihi and Paeroa.
- Total distance: +/-300km - 325km
- Riding time: +/- 4-5 hours return.
- Roads made for motorcycles, smooth, twisty with slow and fast corners.
- Always other motorcyclists sharing this gem, happy to chat about the day's ride.
- Some nice quintessential Kiwi towns.
- Some beautiful beaches to stop at.